Final year students and equivalent:
- Students expected to be in their final year.
- Students on flexible programmes where the final year cannot be predicted, after they are expected to have undertaken more than one full-time equivalent (FTE) and not before their fourth academic year of study.
Students with the following funding arrangements:
- Students on Initial Teacher Training courses.
- Students studying NHS subject courses.
- All students studying on directly funded, prescribed Higher Education courses at Further Education Colleges/Further Education Institutions in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
However, the following are not eligible:
- Students on programmes that do not lead to undergraduate qualifications or credits.
- Students on a course lasting one year or one FTE or less.
- Any students who were eligible in the NSS 2019 (whether or not they responded) and who remain at the same provider. Please note that this does not apply to students on courses included through the National Student Survey Pilot 2020.
- Students under the age of 16.
Students are included in the 2020 survey population if they are expected to complete their course between 1 February 2020 and 31 January 2021 inclusive.